We’re sad to see Nancy go and give a big thank you to her for the work she has done with the book bus.
Learners Opportunity Group Society is seeking a Book Bus Driver/Literacy Support Outreach Worker The position is for up to 60 hours a month for 11 months of the year @ $18 an hour.
Commencing immediately with the following responsibilities:
- select books and reading materials from the storage room and deliver to individuals upon special request (we have several isolating seniors who ask for books)
- sort and refresh the reading materials in the existing Little Book Houses
- work with communities to find appropriate places for 25 more Little Book Houses
- arrange workers to install the Little Book Houses in their new locations.
- When the Little Book Houses are installed, travel around to each community on a schedule, updating and refreshing reading materials.
- Keep clear records of how many books are distributed to adults and children. Whenever possible make COVID safe contact with adult patrons, assisting with book selection and offering literacy support.
- As COVID restrictions lift, work with LOGS Board to build a plan to gradually reopen the Book Bus.
- When it is safe to do so, establish a regular schedule to take the Book Bus to all of the communities in the Upper Skeena Region.
- When the Bus is operating on a schedule, sort books and keep the Book Bus tidy and appropriately stocked.
- Continue to refresh and rotate materials in the Little Book Houses.
- When the Bus is operating again, keep records of how many books are distributed and how many patrons, adults and children, come onto the bus.
- Whenever possible make contact with adult patrons, assisting with book selection and offering literacy support. Keep a record of these more in depth contacts with adult patrons.
- As the current supply of donated books in storage begins to deplete, arrange intake for more donations. Sort donations into the storage area.
- Prepare an informal report for the Learners Opportunity Group Society board for the third Tuesday of each month.The successful applicant will have:
- a clear criminal record check
- a BC Drivers licence with a clean driving record
- two referencesIt is possible that these responsibilities could be divided into two positions, the Little Book House portion and the Book Bus portion.
Interested applicants should contact Charlotte Linford , LOGS Chair
250 842 5887