Book Bus at Farmers’ Market
It is a joy to be back at the Farmers’ Market and see so many people again.
We had over 60 visitors to the Book Bus the first Sunday.
We will continue to be at the Farmers’ Market every Sunday.
Book Bus at New Hazelton Farmers’ Market Sunday
Sunday, June 7th we will have the Book Bus at the Farmers’ Market on a trial basis.
While we are always thankful for donations, we are unable to accept any at this time. Due to CoVid our book bus is unable to get out to all of our communities.
It’s unfortunate that we are not able to get out to everyone and we look forward to the time when we are able to resume this outreach.
We do keep the library boxes in Hew Hazelton filled and would be happy to provide boxes to any of our communities.
The Book Bus will not be open to visitors until further notice. Book boxes are being filled in communities that have allowed them.
The virus is capable of living on books for 24 hours. Please wash your hands after selecting books and store the books outside of your home 24 hours before reading them.
To keep all of us safe, we will not be accepting donations of books for the time being.
Cold Weather Cancellations
Please be advised that the Book Bus may not run during very cold weather.
Our apologies and we’ll see you next time.
Christmas Gift of Literacy
Wrap and Rap
Contact Joshua Bolt.
LOGS AGM November 12th
LOGS AGM Tuesday, November 12th at 7:00PM
Common House of Co-housing at the end of Swannell Dr in Hazelton.
Promoting literacy in the Upper Skeena through the Book Bus, Gift of Literacy, and Book Bags for Babies.
New members on the board welcome.
Mini Quilts for Literacy
Donate $100 to L.O.G.S. book bus and hang up one of these mini quilts at your place. Sizes vary, but they are each about 24″x36″. They are currently hanging in Hazelton District Public Library. The library will happily take your donation and give you the quilt you choose.
Relief driver interest
LOGS is looking for a Relief Driver/Outreach Worker for times when our regular driver may not be available. Please mail your resumé to LOGS, Box 327, Hazelton, BC V0J 1Y0
Book Mobile Driver/Outreach Person
The Learner’s Opportunity Group Society (LOGS) is looking for a motivated person to drive the Book Mobile 2 to 3 days per week and engage with community members/families who visit the Book Mobile.
- Must be willing to have a flexible work schedule, including some weekend days and extra community events as needed
- Reliable and punctual and able to follow scheduled route
- Must have a clean Driver’s Abstract
- Must have a clear Criminal Records Check
- Responsible for proper handling of vehicle and safety of visitors on board book bus
- Should excel at communication and relationship building/engaging with Book Mobile patrons and their families
- Must have organizational skills/Ability to track statistics and keep records
- Knowledge of the communities of the Upper Skeena
- Culturally aware/Knowledge of Gitxsan and Wit’suwit’en culture an asset
- Available to take training around Community Literacy
- Familiarity with Community Literacy Benchmarks an asset
- Position will include collecting and sorting book donations
- Should have a love of books and a passion for literacy